The 5 v 5 first person shooting game, Valorant is currently trending one of the successful game being experienced by various clients/ users. Even though the developers have been getting notified about the various bug problems and error codes, the game is still achieving its success. There are millions of people who have jumped into this closed beta game, ever since the launch. One of the most common faced and error is Error Code 31 in Valorant.
What is Error Code 31 in Valorant?
Error Code 31 appears when the system fails to get the player name information. The player name information is associated to the Riot Games User Id, which is create in order to identify the users and also let them invite their friend to play this closed beta, Valorant. According to the guidelines of Riot Games, the error code 31 can be solved by just restarting the Riot client, perhaps still many users have continued to complain that this solution does not fix their error and it always pops up whenever they start the game. This error code 31 is one of the most frustrating error in the game.
How to Fix the Error Code 31?
To fix the error code 31, there isn’t as such a particular solution but, I would first recommend you to follow the steps provided by the Valorant Support, according to which you must restart your Riot Client. Restarting of riot client can also help you fix error codes from 8 to 21, 33, 43 and 52 as well. If this does not help, then we have a few alternatives for you which you can try and see which one works for you the best.
If the restarting of Riot client does not help you to recover and get back to your game, you could try this:
- Step 1: Open ‘start’ on your computer or PC.
- Step 2: Type ‘ms config’
- Step 3: Open your system configuration and then open the services tab.
- Step 4: Locate VGC service and select the VGC service as well.
- Step 5: Press ‘Apply’ and the click on OK.
- Step 6: Click on Restart.
Other Method to Fix the Error Code 31 in Valorant
This method would not only restart Valorant but it would also close and restart all the unwanted tabs in the system. If this method does not help you can try this other alternative as well;
- Step 1: Press Alt+ Ctrl+ Delete, press all these keys together.
- Step 2: Open the Task Manager and then end all of the Valorant and Riot Games processes
- Step 3: Click on ‘Start’ and then type ‘Run’
- Step 4: Open ‘Run’ and then type ‘services.msc’
- Step 5: Press ‘OK’
- Step 6: Now locate for the VGC service and right click on it.
- Step 7: Once you right click on the VGC service, select on ‘Properties’
- Step 8: In the Start-up, type ‘Select Automatic’ and click on ‘Apply’
- Step 9: Press ‘OK’
- Step 10: Now, start the service
- Step 11: Close the Task Manager and then Run your game.
(This method was also used as a solution to fix error code 43 in Valorant)
Both of the above mentioned alternatives can be used for error codes between 29 to 43. These two shall help in restarting and getting back to the game. But, as we discussed earlier about Error Code 31 being frustrating there are chances that this error might keep occurring every time you open the programme. There isn’t a permanent fix to this.
This error may also occur due to the anti-cheat Vanguard.
Best Way to Fix Error Code 31 in Valorant
In fact, if you continue to face this error you must keep a check on your internet connection and see how strong your network is and whether it has been working properly or not. As most of the time internet connectivity can also cause the error. You can fix this problem by:
- Step 1: Open the ‘start’ menu
- Step 2: Open Settings
- Step 3: Open Update & Security
- Step 4: Click on Troubleshoot
- Step 5: Click on Internet Connections and then Press “Run Troubleshooter”
- Step 6: Click on ‘Troubleshoot my Connection to the Internet’
- Step 7: Press “Try the repairs as Administrator”.
These above mentioned steps should help you fix with your connection and you can go back to Valorant and restart your Riot client again.
Check if you have updated the programme or not, try to log in your name and information once again as well. There are also chances where due to some glitch in the programme you might have got logged out of the Riot Client, so do try logging in again. You can also try to delete the entire programme and again reinstall it, few out of many users have also found this to be a method which helped them fix the error code 31 in their system/ PC.
Based on few users’ review, they have also suggested to clear all kinds of temporary files from their window, which were taking up space, after removing those files try to restart your system/ PC and then start the game, the people who suggested this idea, did not face a glitch after restarting.
In spite of all these solutions if you still see an error then I would suggest you to raise a ticket on the support website for Valorant and share this issue with them. As the programme is newly launched there will be a few technicality issues, but I feel that the developers, Riot Games would eventually come up with a permanent fix for these problems.